Friday, August 04, 2006

A Little Bit More Of That Old Don Martin - SF ARTIST!?!

Well cats and kittens, sometimes I even surprise myself.... I actually found a little bit of time to squeeze out a quick (but tasty) post before the weekend. Here's some more wonderful illustration by Don Martin done for Galaxy magazine from the late 50's & early 60's. As someone who grew up reading his wonderful one and two pagers in MAD Magazine, my later discovery of this small (but delightful) body of work was a pleasant surprise, to say the least. The series of seven small gems from the June 1959 depicting music on other worlds are really quite amazing, but they're all worthy of your consideration. I'm off for the weekend, so have a good one, and i'll see you all early next week!

Galaxy - Jan. '58


Galaxy - June '61

Galaxy - June '59







Galaxy - Dec. '60


Previous post of Don's SF work can be found here and here!
web statistics
Since August 2005 - Free Site Counter