Monday, March 12, 2007

Character Assassination!


OK - i'm NOT happy about this AT ALL! I don't know about you, but Captain America was (to me) one of Marvel's most interesting characters, and definitely the one I could most relate to. He questioned himself, and authority, and was not one to accept things on face value. He spoke for the common man, the little guy, for you and me and the man on the street. He represented the American Spirit of liberty, democracy and egalitarianism.

And now he's dead... just to move some books.

I know this has happened before (see below), but the circumstances leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

Let's just pause a moment, and remember him in his glory days, as seen below by Simon & Kirby.

Words CANNOT express my total and utter disgust for Marvel comics at this moment....

Labels: ,

web statistics
Since August 2005 - Free Site Counter