Monday, May 22, 2006

Ghost Manor : We Aim To Spook!

Well, the good news is ... that this repost even blows me away....
Honest and for true, fear-fans, I still can't believe I scanned and converted this many issues of Ghost Manor (20!) in the last 10 months or so!
The bad news is... this is it for me until the weekend (maybe... we'll see). My schedule is just rammed with tasks, so ye olde blogge must suffer.
Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
I hope this will keep some of you busy 'till my triumphant return (or something like that).

But before I sign off, there is one thing i realized while perusing these issues - the Charlton "ghost" books of the late '60's seem to inhabit the same virtual continuum as carny freak shows ("See the beautiful Zelda turn into a gorilla before your very eyes!") and late-nite ("The monsters run through the audience!") "spook" shows that barnstormed and ballyhoo-ed throughout America in the post WW2 era : a corny and some what cheap-o thrill show..... another aspect of American culture that is long gone and lamented by only a few, but i feel, captured (in spirit, if you'll pardon the pun) by some of the stories contained in these issues.....

And some people ask me why I do this!?!
SHEESH - They just DON'T get it, do they kids?
Wotta bunch of squares!
Now if you'll excuse me, I got a carny pitch to do....

"Step right up folks... Don't be shy.......
See the amazing Ghost Manor in all its horrific glory!
Twenty issues - Count 'em! Twenty!
Thrills! Chills! We Dare You!
Step right up....."


Ghost Manor Volume 1 #5


Ghost Manor Volume 1 #16


Ghost Manor Volume 1 #17


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #3


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #4


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #5


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #7


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #8


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #9


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #11


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #12


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #13


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #15


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #16


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #17


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #18


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #21


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #24


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #25


Ghost Manor Volume 2 #26
web statistics
Since August 2005 - Free Site Counter