Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ultra, The Multi Alien

Perhaps he's not the stupidest comic character from the swingin' 60's, but it's a close call...
Created by writer Dave Wood (who also wrote the bizarre Dial H for Hero) and under-rated artist Lee Elias (Harvey's The Black Cat), Ultra was "in reality" Ace Arn, who's body was transformed into an looney composite of four different species of goofy looking space aliens. Stupid, I know, and the stories are pedestrian super hero fodder, but I have a soft spot for one of the stranger heroes from DC's "Go-Go Checks" period, so why don't you go-go and check out one of his stranger adventures (WITH all the ads), because I don't see DC collecting this guy's stuff anytime soon, but hey, I could be wrong...

Mystery In Space#107
That's it from me today, gotta go-go...

Labels: ,

web statistics
Since August 2005 - Free Site Counter